Built in 1925, The Permacrete Products Company sits on close to 5 acres. local explorers often refer to it as simply, the cement factory.
Because the business closed it’s doors so long ago, there isn’t a lot of history to dig up on the facility. We where however, able to find some advertisements from a trade magazine dating
back to 1942 (See supporting documents below).
While the facility did manufacture concrete products, their main line of business was railroad structures, including railroad utility buildings, fixtures for signals, etc.
The facility has passed through several hands over the years, the last sale was in 2010 to ohio cast stone which deals with septic systems. However it doesn’t appear as if anyone who has had possession of the property has utilized it.
Supporting Historical Material:
Advertisements found in a 1942 Railroad Trade Publication.